Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Minus One Fundraising

The equation of us plus international adoption in our stage of life just doesn't add up. In order for us to be matched with our son we have to pay Haiti $25,000. There are also fees upwards of $15,000 we have to pay to our government, our adoption agency, travel expenses, etc. 

Um, we don't have that. 

But sometimes when you love Jesus, He asks you to do crazy things. I'm okay with us looking crazy for taking this on as long as in the end God looks so very good. I mean, I do have pink hair so basically I threw out any chance of actually looking sane the moment I sat in the salon chair. Whatever. YOLO.

We just keep moving ahead knowing, putting one foot in front of the other, completely trusting that God will provide. Remember when I asked you to be our village? Well, we need you. Being vulnerable and asking for help isn't something I'm gifted in. Is anyone gifted in that? Does anyone actually like being vulnerable? That's a topic for another day. 

Anyway, as part of us moving ahead I felt led to create a few hand lettered prints and also used those designs to create a journal, a coloring book and a set of 5 x 7 note cards. I am a self-taught novice at best so my prayer is you will look past any imperfections and see the heart behind the products. I am working with a company on possibly designing some shirts too, but for now we are focusing on selling all things paper! All profits will go directly to help bring our son home. For those of you interested in tax deductible donations, hang tight, I'm working on that ... in the mean time, visit our fundraising website and let me know what you think!










1 comment

Jenna Buettemeyer said...

Just placed an order! Much love to you and that precious boy some where in the world waiting to be placed with your family. <3